Saturday, March 6, 2010

BAL's 2010 People's Choice Show

The Matchmaker

Eamon, Keeper of the Riches

We had such a good time playing with buttons at the March Wild Bee Thursday and just about everyone completed their bracelet. I forgot to take my camera, but I'm expecting a photo of our finished bracelets soon which I'll share when I receive it. Some of the members brought their own buttons and made lovely bracelets to wear and to be admired. I think they each went away with plans to make more bracelets! It was a fun afternoon!


Today is take-in day for the Brazosport Art League's 2010 People's Choice Show. For the next month, each visitor to the Gallery at the Brazosport Arts & Sciences Center, will be given a ballot and be asked to vote for their favorite 1st and 2nd choices. There is only one time vote per person during the show. I hope those of you who live in the area will go by the gallery and vote for your two favorite pieces. The reception for the show will be April 10, 7-9 p.m., at the Gallery, 400 College Drive, Clute, TX. The public is invited and award winners will be announced at the reception. There will be some wonderful art for you to view/purchase, and there are always nice refreshments offered by members of the Art League.


No pressure for your votes of course : ), but I have posted photos of the two dolls that I have entered in the show. These two pieces are hanging dolls that were created for the TAODA show at Art C's Gallery in Somerville, TX last year. Just for fun, I also entered one of my favorite shell button elastic bracelets.


Joyce


No comments:

Post a Comment