Thursday, February 25, 2010

Topsy-turvy workshop participants

I returned from Louisiana on Monday and I must tell you I had a great time! The members of the Northshore Doll Club really outdid themselves on the Oriental Odyssey Luncheon on Saturday! There were beautiful Oriental decorations, several exhibits of Asian dolls including Jean Kestel's wonderful Door of Hope dolls, her excellent program, good food, and lots of door prizes. The souvenir doll was Denis Bastien's "Original Basic Lenny," which was a part of the 2007 Leeann Collection. Later in the sales room, luncheon attendees had the opportunity to purchase a variety of outfits and accessories for Lenny and also Denis' other dolls. Best of all there was lots of visiting with old friends and meeting new ones.


The sales room included a small group of vendors and I was very pleased to be included. Since I had no idea what to expect with the current economic problems, I decided to take a variety of small items such as doll pins and pin cushions, note cards, doll kits and my new button bracelets....which were a hit! Of course I had some dolls there as well! : )


On Sunday, I taught my topsy-turvy workshop and we had such a good time. My thanks again to Cynthia O. for her wonderful hospitality! I've included a photo of the workshop participants at work in her lovely sun room. I was also very pleased to have Denis Bastien join us for the workshop.


While in Louisiana, we had some great food and also found time to do a little antique shopping! Then it was time to return home where I've been trying to get everything put away and back to normal. My thanks again to all those who provided such an enjoyable and memorable weekend!

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment