Thursday, February 18, 2010

Topsy-turvy workshop doll

Today I'm packing some dolls to take to Covington, Louisiana for the Northshore Doll Club's 2010 Luncheon and Sales Room on Saturday. The theme will be Oriental Odyssey and the luncheon speaker will be Jean Kestel, a knowledgeable authority on Door of Hope Mission Dolls.
Yesterday I made sure my car is road ready and will leave for Louisiana in the morning. There will be four other members from my UFDC doll club, Brazoria County Doll Club of Texas, going and we are all looking forward to a great weekend. The ladies in Louisiana are so nice and so hospitable! On Sunday I will present a workshop on a little topsy-turvy doll that I had presented at the UFDC Convention in Atlanta last year.
The weather here is sunny and cool and should be nice for the trip......no more rain in the forecast for now. We have had a wet and cold winter so far and I'm looking forward to an early spring here on the Texas coast! Thankfully we haven't had the snow problems so many have had to deal with!
I hope to take some photos to post when I return from Louisiana. Have a great weekend.
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment