Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dimensions in Dollmaking 2010

Dolls entered in the Dimensions in Dollmaking 2010 Exhibit

"Take Me to Your Mall"





"Lizard Lady in Pink Tutu"





My the time is flying and summer is definitely here with daytime temps now hitting 100 degrees. I'm happy to report that the air-conditioning in my barn has been repaired and I can finally create in comfort!!




I have just completed and shipped two dolls to California for the Dimensions in Dollmaking 2010 Exhibit. I'm very excited to be able to participate as the new venue this year is the Art Show at the San Diego Comic-Con International Convention on July 21-25. It will be held at the San Diego Convention Center where over 126,000 attendees and exhibitors last year made the event the largest gathering of comic book and pop culture fans in the U. S.!




It was a bit of a stretch for me, however, as I normally create realistic characters! The theme for the Comic-Con Convention includes comics, movies, animation, science fiction, fantasy and fandom, so I had to get outside of my comfort zone and dream up something fantastical to enter. But, after I got into it, it was lots of fun. I made two dolls for the exhibit, "Take Me to Your Mall" and "Lizard Lady in Pink Tutu" pictured above.




Another change this year is that the dolls can be made available for sale and there will be bid sheets for a silent auction. Hopefully someone will be taken with my two dolls and will want to take them home with them! : )




I'm off to the barn now to work on competition dolls for the UFDC Convention next month in Chicago. The theme is "My Favorite Things" from the movie, "The Sound of Music," and the made by exhibitor categories are a male and/or female character from the movie. I wonder if I have some suitable leather in my stash to use for a pair of lederhosen!


Enjoy your day!



Joyce










1 comment: